Do you want to be a Pilates instructor?
Since 2007 we have certified hundreds of Pilates instructors and our graduates are employed throughout Singapore and Asia – many have gone on to set up their own studios and a few have even gone on to be Master Trainers around Asia!
OptionsPilates is the largest and best Pilates training centre in Asia with the most courses and workshops every year. We also regularly run courses related to Pilates for instructors to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
Who can take a Pilates instructor course?
Students on our courses are drawn from the following backgrounds:
- Enthusiasts who want to change career or work part-time
- Gym Instructors/Personal Trainers
- Physiotherapists and other Physical Clinicians looking to add to their knowledge of rehabilitation possibilities
- Retiring or semi-retired Dancers and Movement Professionals
- Pilates Enthusiasts who want to learn more
If you are interested in a career as a Pilates Instructor you can work independently as a Certified Mat Pilates Instructor or you can go further to become a Reformer Instructor at a studio or gym, or even a Fully Certified Instructor qualified to teach clients on all the Pilates equipment.
Many of our graduates decide to buy a Reformer or other equipment and work from home teaching just a few clients daily.
It is beneficial for personal trainers to take the Matwork course in order to add to their skill set for working with clients, especially clients with postural issues.
What courses are available?
Student Pilates Instructors and fitness enthusiasts can learn to teach 1-on-1 and group classes using the following Pilates equipment:
- Mat – including a large variety of props for modifications and interest
- Reformer – the best known traditional Pilates equipment
- Cadillac – useful for rehab, special populations and clients from beginner to super experienced
- Chair – in terms of efficiency this is the most versatile piece of Pilates equipment
- Barrels – including the Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and gymnastic Ladder Barrel
Post Rehabilitative Pilates and Special Conditions Certification can follow each and any course or can be done in one go at the end of all the courses.
What If I’ve done some courses already?
If you’ve already taken some courses with other Pilates methods you can join one of our crossover courses. If you’ve taken IMP, IR or ICCB with Stott or courses with Polestar you can automatically qualify to take further courses with us or to take your exam just by taking one of our Crossover Courses.
As you probably know, we were the largest Stott Pilates Licensed Training Centre in Asia for many years – if you were one of our students contact us for special deals and complimentary offers on courses, exams and workshops
How do I get certified?
After your course you need to practice teaching and doing Pilates. Once you become competent and fluent with the exercises and programming you can take a mock exam or the real certification exam. You can take this exam at several locations throughout Asia.
Who teaches the courses?
All our courses and workshops are taught by our in-house Program Director Sharon Brendia or by Instructor Trainers Angie and Erick.
Where are the courses held?
Most of our courses are run in our Orchard Road Pilates studio and Bukit Timah studio. Occasionally we host courses at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital and other locations on request.
General course outline
Our courses and workshops provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the client experience as quickly as possible. In each course, you learn:
- How to apply correct biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
- A complete breakdown of each exercise
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
- How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation